Friday, December 7, 2018

Odd Man Out


So, what happens to a lean, gawky, scrawny guy who finds himself in a wrestling ring with two beefy muscle guys?  He discovers pretty fast that he's the odd man out.







It's a two-on-one wrestling match at Wrestler4Hire featuring Brad Barnes, Austin Cooper, and Ethan Andrews.  Both Brad and Austin sport a lot of muscle on their bodies, but not so much for the lanky Ethan, who clearly looks like the odd man out.  I love Brad Barnes!  And I'm a big fan of Austin, too, because he loves bodyslams and other power moves.  But as for Ethan . . . well, I have to admit that I always struggle with him. The set up for this match is that Ethan has long been a a bully to Brad, but he finally gets his due when Brad and Austin exact revenge on the smaller dude. In real life no one would ever believe an Ethan could be a bully to a Brad Barnes, but in the world of underground wrestling, Ethan often plays the bully, or rather the heel, to bigger muscle guys.  And that's where I have struggled with Ethan.  I like seeing the good looking, masculine muscle jocks delivering a beat down on a smaller jobber.  But when I see Ethan giving a musclestud a beat down, it just doesn't appeal to me.  That's especially the case at 88Wrestling, where Ethan clearly is the "odd man out" among all the fitness studs and physique models on the roster there, but those muscleboys always seem to play jobber to Ethan's heel.  Of course, it's a matter of personal taste, and lots of guys obviously enjoy seeing Ethan in that type of match.  Also, to be fair, I don't want to give the impression that I don't like Ethan at all.  He's a talented and prolific wrestler, and I think he is awesome in the role of heel at UCW Wrestling.  He really fits in there.  But when he's wrestling a big, good-looking muscle jock, I want to see Ethan suffer.  So, this really is just a long-winded way of saying that I liked this two-on-one match at W4H a lot because two of my favorite musclestuds dominate Ethan with tons of power moves like bodyslams, pile drivers, backbreakers, torture racks, and bearhugs.  So there you go, Ethan!  Take that, you damn bully!


Now that's how a muscleboy treats a jobber!

1 comment: