Monday, May 27, 2019

Spartan Warrior


I'm sure you all know that Marco from Thunders Arena started his own wrestling production company called Underground Wrestler.  I'm just getting around to checking it out.  I know, bad on me for taking so long.  But I think I picked a good time to see what UW has to offer.  A recent addition to its roster is one of my favorite wrestlers, Tanner Hill (who goes by the name Cena at UW).  Tanner made a name for himself at Rock Hard Wrestling at 88 Wrestling, and I'm stoked to see him expanding his portfolio by wrestling for Marco's company.  Recently released is a match called War of Empires featuring Tanner/Cena against Kasee, another dude I like to see wrestle.  It starts with both guys in costume, ready to do battle.  I like the costume idea.  A big feature of pro-style wrestling is role playing, so I like how this match tips its hat to that concept.  Have one wrestler dress up like a Spartan Warrior?  I like!  Have that Spartan Warrior be Tanner Hill?  I really really like!







The role-playing and costumes really don't overpower this match.  Instead, it just adds a little extra flavor to it.  Kasee is dressed in an emperor's robe, and after a few moments of playful sword fighting, the robe gets ripped off.  Tanner mocks Kasee for wearing a dress while Kasee whines about losing his favorite robe.  After that it's all wrestling.  But while Kasee looks like any other wrestler at this point, Tanner remains in his Spartan warrior outfit.  Wow.  As I said above, I like.  And I think Tanner likes it, too.  It seems to give him just a little bit of extra swagger (as if he needs any).  Tanner goes Spartan warrior all over Kasee's ass in this match.  Of course, I've learned that you never count Kasee out, but this match is like many of his others where Kasee almost seems to offer his body up to his opponent.  You know, I think Kasee likes Tanner in his Spartan warrior costume, too, especially late in the match when the Spartan scoops him up and delivers a glorious OTK backbreaker.  Well, to be honest, I can't be sure Kasee actually enjoyed it, but I sure loved it.  Wow.

Tanner Hill in a wrestling match dressed as a Spartan warrior . . . I hate to say it out loud, but this is the stuff of fantasies.  And to help out your own personal fantsies, here are some more pics of our favorite Spartan wrestler:






That's right, Tanner.  Flex those big biceps of yours like the Spartan muscleboy you are!

Lucky for us, it being Backbreaker Monday, Tanner is happy to oblige us by showing how a bad-ass Greek warrior gets it done:


Over the knee backbreaker . . . Spartan-style!

For more pics and commentary, be sure to visit Joe at Ringside.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of Marco or the new site. I used to be. There's too much stuff about his homophobia and also misleading customers. The homophobic comments I've read on other sites seem credible. Especially since he used Davy Michaels for several matches. Then he lied to customers, saying he was retiring from wrestling and removing all of his personal videos on May 1. They were never removed, and he got some nice coverage by some of the other blogs. A real shame and I just won't buy anything from this site, even though I really like some of the guys he has featured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He didn't need to do that to Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. has tanner hill aka cena retired?

    ReplyDelete