Sunday, June 14, 2015

Brock Hammer




I'm a fan of Movimus Wrestling.  Just put two guys out on a mat to face each other to prove who is the better man.  There are no coaches, no crowds, no refs.  Just the two wrestlers.  It's about as pure as wrestling gets.  Unfortunately, Movimus Wrestling doesn't really fit very well into the lift and carry theme of my blog, but luckily in the world of wrestling the opportunity is always there.  A couple of years ago Movimus put out a match featuring the larger, brawny Brock Hammer (at 6' 2" and 212 pounds) wrestling the muscular Reilly (at 5' 10" and 196 pounds).  One of the cool things about this match is one point while the two dudes are wrestling on the mat, Brock Hammer gets a good hold through Reilly's crotch and scoops him up all the way into the air.  It's an impressive power move and featured up front on the preview video.  Back in high school on at least one occasion I remember seeing a wrestler pick up his opponent like that in a match.  I had always wanted to do the same in real competition, but the opportunity never really presented itself, and my strength in wrestling was really down on the mat.  Still, in practice wrestling around with some of the lighter weights or just messing around with some of my buddies who weren't wrestlers, I could do it.  It just felt fucking awesome to show off how strong I was and to be in total control over another dude like that.  I guess it's no secret that's why I love wrestling lift and carry so much.  Anyway, mega kudos to Brock Hammer for executing such a dominant and impressive move on Reilly. Be sure to check out Inner Jobber for some more commentary on this match.

1 comment: