Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Mohawk




Wrestlers like to promote their individuality, and one way to do so is through hairstyle.  I remember back in high school we all dyed our hair blond at the beginning of one season.  Of course, if every guy on the team colored his hair the same, was that really an expression of individualism?  Anyway, we thought it was cool.  But there's one hairstyle that I saw back when I was a kid and still see today in wrestling, and that's the Mohawk.  I can't think of a whole team who wore the style, but there were always a few dudes each season who sported the look.  The Mohawk usually is worn as a symbol of non-conformity and adds a little charisma to the dude who's wearing it.  I think it's a good look for a wrestler.  Modeling the Mohawk for us today is Dakota Bravo from Underground Championship Wrestling in a match where he tosses little Hiro around for our enjoyment.  I have to admit, the Mohawk adds a little extra flavor of bad ass to his bodyslams.  Thanks Dakota!


No comments:

Post a Comment