Thursday, July 26, 2018

Scrappy



Scrappy has been part of the underground internet wrestling scene for a few years now after making his appearance at Thunders Arena.  While the dude is thickly muscled, at TA he seems to face much bigger opponents, and more often than not his role there is to be the boy toy for larger bodybuilders.  But Scrappy also wrestles at Wrestler4Hire where much of the competition is either closer to his size or smaller, which gives Scrappy a better opportunity to show us just what he's capable of.  Still, when I saw that W4H posted a recent match of Scrappy against Austin Cooper, I figured this would be another match where Scrappy is made to suffer by a bigger heel.  Boy, was I wrong.  First off, the 23 year old Scrappy is billed at W4H as 5' 7" and 165 pounds.  I'm gonna call bullshit on that, at least the weight.  Scrappy is bulging with muscles, and I'd say he's at least 180 pounds.  And given how he manhandles the beefier Austin Cooper in this match, Scrappy looks even bigger than that.

The set up for this match is that Austin slept with Scrappy's girlfriend, and Scrappy is looking for some vengeance.  As an aside, we've seen the "you messed with my girlfriend" wrestling theme used before.  It's not a bad set up for a match, but why not have two masculine dudes mix it up in the ring because one guy messed with the other guy's boyfriend?  To be honest, I would have enjoyed this match better if that had been the case.  But only marginally better, because there was so much I fucking loved about this match.



I think what appeals to me about this match is that it's the teacher (Austin) against the student (Scrappy).  Austin reminds Scrappy that he's the one who trained him.  But as the wrestling begins, it's clear that the student has surpassed the teacher.  Scrappy is young, cocky, musclebound.  And while Austin is no pushover himself, he's a bit older and thicker now, no longer the young ripped stud we saw when he debuted at Rock Hard Wrestling many years ago.  This is no knock on Austin (he's one of my favorites), but seeing the young musclestud in Scrappy dominate the seasoned Austin is what makes this match for me.  It's kind of strange that I feel this way since my guess is that I'm not that much older than Austin (ok, maybe a little older than that).  But it's the youth of Scrappy dominating the older Austin that gets me going in this match.  So what's the best highlight?  Is it when Scrappy briefly presses Austin over his head before throwing him across the ring?  There's no more alpha wrestling move than a gorilla press, and Scrappy definitely makes a statement (i.e., Austin is his bitch) when he does so.




But there's more.  So much more.  It seems like Austin spends at least half this match in the air as the young Scrappy puts his muscles to good use by repeatedly lifting and carrying his mentor around the ring.  When Scrappy scoops Austin off the mat and performs arm curls before bodyslamming the older wrestler, that's pretty fucking awesome, too.  But is that the best moment of the match?




Maybe it's when Scrappy gets Austin in a torture rack and carries him around the ring.  I think this move puts Scrappy's physique on display, showing off his powerful chest and broad shoulders.  He also sports a cocky, confident expression.  The smooth muscles and the expression along with the pierced ears and blond highlights make the young wrestler look like a bad ass punk.  The groaning and moaning coming from the struggling Austin with his body across Scrappy's muscular shoulders only accentuates the younger wrestler's dominance.  There's no doubt that youth is in control.



In the end, there's just too much good stuff in this match for me to be able to point out one moment in particular as the highlight.  This match is all about the young musclestud Scrappy, who clearly revels in his masculine domination over the older opponent.  I guess that in a nutshell is the highlight for me.


Time to move over, Austin.  There's a new muscleboy in town.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Twinsies. I did the same review today. Great stuff. I like your angle on the dynamic between Scrappy and Austin.

    ReplyDelete