Friday, October 5, 2018

Mystery Match







You guys probably know that Marco from Thunders Arena and Wrestler4Hire has gone out on his own under the name Underground Wrestler.  He's available for private matches and will even produce custom wrestling videos, all for a fee of course.  So, the other day, I received an email from Marco, or so I thought, with a link to a wrestling video.  I figured it was a custom match featuring Austin Cooper (aka Frey) and Joey King double teaming our favorite boy wonder, Scrappy.  But in preparing for this blog post, I tried to go back to the video link, and it's gone, and I'm also unable to access what I thought was Marco's webpage.  So, I really don't know for sure where this match came from.  It's a mystery.

What's not a mystery, however, is why this match was produced.  Back in July I blogged about a match from Wrestler4Hire between Scrappy and Austin Cooper.  My post made much about how Scrappy totally dominated Austin.  It was a celebration of youth and future promise of the student (in the form of Scrappy) overtaking the older, perhaps seen-better-days teacher (in the form of Austin).  I really enjoyed that match.  But obviously Austin Cooper did not.  I think what we get in this mystery match here is Austin's response to his humiliating defeat in the first match.  Clearly this match is a set up to get Scrappy.  It starts with Austin accusing Scrappy of stealing from him.  As if our adorable little Scrappy is capable of such a thing.  Understandably, Scrappy is caught off guard with the false accusation, and that's when the fink Joey King comes up from behind and attacks the young stud.  The rest of the match plays out with Austin and Joey delivering a beat down of Scrappy.  Now, I, for one, am shocked and appalled by this (surely this is all real, it's pro-style wrestling after all).  There's no doubt in my mind that Austin arranged this treacherous little sneak attack as payback for Scrappy showing him up in their last match.  Austin is incapable of facing Scrappy one-on-one in a fair fight, so he has to resort to deceit and to bringing in the help of his hired goon.  I'm so disgusted by this display that I vow to boycott further matches of Austin Cooper, at least until I see one where he delivers another awesome bodyslam on a dude.  You know, Austin really does know how to fucking bodyslam a guy.  He's one of the best!


Look at that sweet, innocent face!  Who could ever believe our precious little Scrappy is a thief?!

UPDATE:  Marco at Undergound Wrestler still exists.  He has a new FB page with a link here, so be sure to check it out.  YouTube is being a big butt about his videos for some reason, but hopefully he gets that back up and running.  I look forward to seeing what matches he produces.  Best of luck, Marco!

3 comments:

  1. The link Marco sent out went to his "Underground Wrestler" YouTube channel, where you could view this free match. If you try to visit the channel now, unfortunately there is this message: "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing this. Thank you for the post! Yes, YouTube terminated my page and hasn’t responded on why... there is plenty of pro wrestling on there. For now I am on Facebook and Instagram as undergroundwrestler. Email is undergroundwrestler@gmail.com. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I can’t support Marco anymore and not because he can’t seem to run his site very well. It’s probably because he’s a homophobe. I’ve known him for a long time now and had many private matches. I recently hung out with him and a bunch of other wrestlers in Las Vegas and he made comments that honestly floored me. He said he was grossed out by most of his clientele and what they do with his videos. But, he’s “happy to take their gay money”. He’s leaving the screen because he’s slowly being found out for who he really is and wants to keep making money behind the camera. It’s really tough letting fans know this, but I think they deserve to know. I won’t be paying him for private matches anymore and won’t buy from his site. Too bad because some good talent there.

    ReplyDelete