Friday, January 4, 2019

Rex is King








A couple of weeks ago, 88Wrestling was kind enough to send me a preview of its new King of the Ring 2 match featuring Rex Bedford and Ethan Andrews.  While I am a big fan of Rex, my views on Ethan Andrews are somewhat lukewarm, so I guess I was not in a real hurry to watch it.  But now that I finally got around to it, holy shit!!  This match blew me away!  While Ethan may not be high on my list of favorites, he clearly is a skilled wrestler with tons of experience.  And when you put him in the ring with another wrestler of the same caliber like Rex (who is very high on my list of favorites), the end result is one of the best matches I've seen from 88Wrestling.

There are great moves here by both guys, but this post is all about Rex (maybe later I'll share some of Ethan's highlights).  "King of the Ring" is a great title for the match since "Rex" means king, and Rex is here to defend his throne, or rather his title belt.  Just seeing Rex in the top photo with the belt, you know it's going to take someone with pretty big cojones to step into the ring to try to take it from him.  Rex just impresses me as a wrestler.  He's got the muscular, shredded body, a strong MMA backround, and he rocks those camo tights.  And Rex is not shy when it comes to bodyslams and backbreakers, which gives me a great reason to show off his awesomeness in my blog.  I don't do my "wrestler of the year" award anymore, but if I did, the 2018 award likely would go to Rex, with his performance in this match sealing the deal.


Watching Rex break Ethan's back puts me in my happy place. 

For additional commentary about this match, check out Joe's Ringside blog.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, Rex did so well in this match. I would like to ask, did Rex some Suplexes in this match? if he did I'm going to have this match

    ReplyDelete