Saturday, March 14, 2020

School's In Session


No Rules Wrestling is not a fancy or glitzy wrestling production by any means, but I've always enjoyed their videos.  Periodically NRW will release videos of a new wrestler receiving training at their so-called "Fight School".  Usually, it's Dave Calbrese, the undisputed wrestling master of NRW, who gives the training.  And recently, newcomer Ben Shaw has been in the "classroom" to learn from the master.  I think it's great that while the rest of the world is hunkering down in the bunker out of fear of the coming apacolypse, class remains in session with Professor Calbrese.






Slams and spine torture are on the syllabus for young Ben Shaw at NRW's Fight School, and there's no better wrestler than Dave Calbrese, the expert on bodyslams and backbreakers, to teach Ben.  Luckily for Ben and Dave, another newcomer, Luke White, has graciously agreed to be the wrestling dummy during instruction.  If I were the one handing out grades for this course, I would give Ben a "B" for how well he executes the moves.  He's got some room for improvement, but as a newby, he's looking pretty good.  As for Luke White, technically he's not the student here, but he definitely earns an "A+" for being a suffering jobber.

As for Dave Calbrese, he's about as good as it gets.  One day I'm going to start my own underground wrestling company and begin producing matches of my own.  Bodyslams, gorilla presses, OTK backbreakers, and torture racks will feature prominantly in my matches.  And there's no doubt I need to bring in Dave Calbrese as a trainer for my stable of wrestlers.

Professor Dave Calbrese, PhD in Wrestling

On a more serious note, please check out the NRW website to see how you can help out its wrestlers during the current pandemic.  Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment