Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Iván the Wrestling Hunk


Hey guys!  I know it's been a while since I last posted, but for some reason it's been hard lately to find the inspiration.  And because of this, I've wanted to check out other wrestlers and productions to get new ideas.  As luck would have it, Hunks Wrestling (a production out of Spain) recently provided me with a preview of a new match of theirs featuring Steve Mason against newcomer Iván Guerrero.  This is my first post about Hunks Wrestling, so with a fresh set of wrestlers, let's get to it!








At the outset, I'll say this match is not the type I normally blog about because it's not one that features a whole lot of pro-style action like lift and carry moves (like bodyslams).  But I'll explain below why I really like this one.  The set up for this match is Steve Mason finding Iván Guerrero working out at the beach.  Steve is an experienced wrestler, mostly submission style, and he's appeared in a lot of videos.  Perhaps taken in by Iván's hunky physique (and who wouldn't be), Steve offers to teach Iván some of his wrestling skills.  Steve probably thinks he'll be able to play around with his younger boytoy, but he's in for a surprise.  Iván is cocky and confident from the start and never shows much respect for his teacher.  Steve gets Ivan into several submission holds, but Iván proves to be strong as fuck, and Steve frequently finds himself on his back with Iván in control.  As the match description on the website says, both wrestlers want to humiliate and subdue each other, so what starts out as a class for Steve to teach young Iván a few things becomes a wrestling match with ever increasing intensity.


So, why do I like this match so much?  The answer pretty much begins and ends with Iván Guerrero.  A wrestler with a physique like his is a wrestler I'm going to like no matter what.  I also love his name Guerrero, which means "warrior" in Spanish . . . a fucking awesome name for a wrestler.  But I like this match mostly because it's different.  It features a young, good looking, hunky wrestler in Iván facing an older, experienced submission wrestler in Steve.  In most of the videos I check out these days, this usually means the good looking hunk gets squashed by the older heel.  And in this match, everytime Steve gets Iván into a painful submission hold, I expect this to be the start of the beat down, but then Iván muscles his way out and turns tables on Steve.  There are times when I begin to wonder whether this is a heel/jobber match with Iván as the heel.  And that's totally ok with me.  I love my heels to be the young, good looking, hunky wrestler.  I want my heel to be Iván Guerrero.




To be fair, this is Iván's first wrestling match, and a lot of his talent and skills on the mat look raw.  But that doesn't mean he's not fun to watch (as you can see in the gifs above).  Much of the wrestling action comes from Steve Mason, but Iván fights back with punches, elbows, powerful kicks, even a few well-timed cheap shots.  That's what we want to see in our heels, right?

The folks at Hunks Wrestling tell me that they began as a submission wrestling company but are introducting more styles, such as pro wrestling and heel/jobber matches.  They also say Iván is a quick learner, can be good at lift and carry (as he shows in his first match), and that he has a lot of potential, especially if they can get him in a ring match.  I'm glad to hear this, and I hope we get to see more of Iván.  In case Hunks Wrestling is curious, my ideal match for him is a heel/jobber scenario with Ivan delivering several bodyslams, backbreakers, and torture racks.  Of course, for those who follow my blog, that should come as no surprise!

Iván the Warrior keeps working out those muscles.
Will he be slamming bodies and breaking backs soon?

2 comments:

  1. The site looks good and Ivan is absolutely gorgeous! A warrior if ever I saw one. Let's just hope he emulates another Warrior and learns how to hoist his opponents up over his head and hold them there for supreme dominance and humiliation. He certainly looks strong enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, the thought of Ivan pressing another dude overhead leaves me light headed. Wow . . .

      Delete