Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mason Ryan




Most of you probably are familiar with WWE wrestler Mason Ryan. Here are some pictures from a match of his against Evan Bourne (aka Matt Sydal). This is another squash match. Ryan has about 100 pounds on Bourne. The guy's a beast. Watching this reminded me of back in high school and even in college, when I liked to wrestle some of the bigger guys on my team, and predictably things usually didn't go my way. I did it for a couple of reasons. First, it was a good reality check, reminding me that I wasn't the shit (of course, losing to a guy in my own weight class did that too). Second, I thought it was good practice. Training with a bigger and stronger guy can help better prepare you when you go up against an opponent in the same weight class. Like they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But there's a limit. You don't walk out onto a mat or step into a ring with a guy who outweighs you by 100 pounds and has biceps the size of your head. I kinda doubt Evan Bourne is a better wrestler now on account of his run-in with Mason Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment