Sunday, May 20, 2012

Muscle Freak





Rob Terry is now the heavyweight champion at Ohio Valley Wrestling, which seems logical.  We all know that pro wrestling is more spectacle than sport, but I have to give OVW some credit because if this were real competition, there are very few who could seriously challenge a 320 pound muscle monster like Rob Terry.  I find it hard to put into words all the reasons why I like Rob Terry as a wrestler.  Luckily, his wrestling photos do a lot of talking for me.  I'm sure he can easily gorilla press most if not all of his opponents, but I don't think I've seen a picture of him doing that.  While I would love to see that, I think one reason I like him as a wrestler so much is because he likes to crotchlift the other dudes for scoopslams or otk backbreakers.  As much as I like the gorilla press, it's the crotchlift for slams that I like the most.  Above Rob Terry is wrestling LaMarcus Clinton, and the first picture is my favorite.  Clinton looks like a little boy in the arms of Rob Terry, just waiting to be slammed.  I've been on a kick lately about bigger being better, which I've posted about before this month.  I've been able to wrestle around with a couple of smaller dudes a few times lately, and it's great to be the bigger guy, the one who scoops up his opponent and parades him around, to crack his back over the knee or slam him onto the mat.  There's little wonder why Rob Terry likes to wrestle.

2 comments:

  1. Rob Terry's gorilla presses are far and few between. I'm not really sure why he doesn't capiatlize on that move. He's obviously strong enough to do it. I've only seen him do 3 for TNA. One of the best one's was him pressing Homocide. I wonder if the wrestling orgs frown upon using it becuase they may feel not every guy is small enough to make it look effortless. If they would produce a match with 5 presses in it I'd still want more. You feel about the scoop slam as I feel about the overhead press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorilla press still ranks pretty high with me, so I hope Rob Terry gives us a show sometime soon (and a match with 5 presses if all by Rob Terry . . . speechless)

    ReplyDelete