Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Random Racks








Sometimes I think about changing the title of my blog to "Bodyslam and Torture Rack Fan", but since the current name has such strong brand recognition, it's probably best not to mess with it.  Still, that doesn't mean I can't post awesome pictures of torture racks (since it's my blog, I guess I can post whatever I want).  I like shoulder racks for many of the same reasons I like bodyslams.  It's a great lift and carry move that gives the alpha wrestler the opportunity to show who is in charge.  And it's easier to pick up and carry around your victim in a rack than it is for a bodyslam.  But from a jobber's perspective it can be different.  A bodyslam can be kind of fun at first because you get picked up and carried around before the pain of the slam, but with a torture rack, the punishment comes immediately with being carried around.  And if you want to be a super alpha wrestler, you can make the jobber suffer for as long as you want with a rack.  Several of the pics above come from Thunders Arena because the wrestlers there do a great job with torture racks.  But the move has universal appeal among all wrestlers, so you can see it pretty much anywhere.  It's just an awesome move.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Torture racks are awesome. And the longer the torture the better especially if te heel gets verbal while his victim is bent in half. Through in some bulge torture and it doesn't get any better. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't be a true alpha without getting verbal!

      Delete