Saturday, June 23, 2018

Building Bridges






It's no secret I love a good bodyslam.  I also like when the slam is over, the wrestler who gets thrown to the mat bridges and arches his back in pain from the impact.  It's that little extra thing that makes a good bodyslam even better, kind of like the cherry on top.  And when you bodyslam a guy, you know you've executed a good one when you look down and see him writhing and groaning on the mat like that.  To be honest, it's kinda hot.  I guess I'm not the only one who appreciates this.  Spotland Scrappers out of the UK has produced a custom video (requested by a fan) with a "slam and bridge" theme called Building Bridges.  The starring wrestlers are Sam Smiler (in the yellow trunks) and LJ Silva.  As advertized, it features a ton of bodyslams, but the wrestlers dish out other forms of slams and back punishment, so if you're a fan of lift and carry wrestling, this is a fun match to watch.  Although there are good moves by both wrestlers, my post highlights Sam Smiler in action.  I've been watching Spotland Scrappers off and on for several years now, and Sam is one of my favorite wrestlers on their roster.

Now, if you don't mind me going off on a slight tangent here, as I was preparing this post, I realized that Sam Smiler kind of looks like Tim Tebow in these pictures.  To be clear, I am not a fan at all of Tim Tebow.  He was an overrated quarterback, especially when he arrived at the NFL, and all the hype about him was an undeserved media creation.  But the thought of Tim Tebow in a wrestling ring, scooping up another wrestler, carrying him around, then bodyslamming his ass . . . well, I don't really know how else to say this, but that's kinda . . . hot.

Is this what it feels like to be bodyslammed by Tim Tebow?!


No comments:

Post a Comment