Sunday, November 4, 2018

Lumberjacked


In my Halloween post I confessed that I'm a real coward when it comes to horror movies.  So when 88Wrestling recently promoted a new match by featuring Chase Lundquist brandishing an ax (axe?), I began to worry this would be another slasher-flick type contest, and I would need to keep my hands over my eyes for much of the match.



Sure, at first, Chase looks menacing as he waves the ax at his opponent, Tanner Hill.  But luckily Chase is not some crazed serial killer.  He's a lumberjack.  And a jacked one at that.  Hence the name of the match, "Lumberjacked."  Of course, Tanner isn't going to be out-jacked by anyone, and he also gets his chance to swing the ax around a bit, teaching Chase a valuable lesson about bringing foreign objects into the ring.  And that's about it for the ax, and this is not a blood and gore type horror match.  And this is not a match where you want to cover your eyes.  It's a wrestling match between Chase Lundquist and Tanner Hill.  And you can't take your eyes off these guys.






Both Chase and Tanner are the type of wrestlers I love to see in the ring.  They are young and cocky, boast powerful physiques, but not too big . . . the perfect specimens of aesthetic muscles.  They represent why I like 88Wrestling so much (and its predecessor Rock Hard Wrestling).  Not only do I like to see guys like these in the ring, I also like to see them dominate.  So this actually creates a little dilemma for me here.  Who do I pull for in this match?  Eventually I decide it doesn't really matter.  I'm a winner either way.  I like the back and forth action.  Plus there's a lot of sweat as the wrestlers punish each other, making their muscles glisten in the lights.  Trust me, boys.  You'll want to keep your eyes wide open throughout the entire match.


Blonds and biceps . . . a winning combination!

For more pics and commentary, check out Joe and Ringside.

No comments:

Post a Comment