Friday, August 17, 2018

Number 500


So, today is a momentous occasion for my blog as I present post number 500.  I started this blog eight years ago with no real plan other than to make wrestling commentary about things that catch my interest.  And even today, that pretty much remains the rule for whenever I post something.  I have no real agenda for my blog.  I'm not trying to promote any particular point of view.  My primary motivation is not even to get people to read it, although I have to admit that I'm incredibly flattered that you guys do.  Sure, I don't get the numbers that bloggers like Joe at Ringside, Alex at The Cave, and Bruno at Beefcakes of Wrestling get.  Their blogs (and many others) are so much better than mine anyway, but I appreciate that there are some guys out there that find my pics and commentary interesting enough so that they take a few moments out of their week to check it out.  So with eight years gone and 500 posts on the books, what's in store for the future?  Do I have eight more years in me?  500 more blogs?  For all we know, this could be my last (not likely).  Or I could have thousands more (even less likely).  Who knows?  We'll just have to see what the wrestling muses have in store.

OK, enough of this sentimental crap.  The photo above comes from my very first post where I explained why I like the bodyslam.  While that commentary was not very insightful, I have to say that this pic is still one of my favorite bodyslams.  It's taken from a match years ago at Thunders Arena between Batar and some dude who's name I don't even remember anymore.  Why do I like this one so much?  Well, first you take the wrestlers, who are both muscular dudes in squarecuts (my favorite wrestling gear).  I like Batar's flag theme shorts in particular, because, you know, he loves America.  And how about how the legging kind of rides up a bit on one of his thighs?  And check out those thighs!  Talk about incredible.  And Batar shows awesome technique with his arm deep and secure through the other dude's crotch, holding him up high, and leaving no doubt he's the alpha wrestler during this match.  Batar actually delivers two nice textbook bodyslams here, and while the picture above is worth a thousand words, a gif or two on the subject make for a pretty good movie.



So do you guys have any favorite posts from over the years?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment