Saturday, August 4, 2018

Taylor Reign


Taylor Reign is one of the more prolific wrestlers at Muscleboy Wrestling, appearing in almost twenty matches to date.  At 5' 11" and 170 pounds, Taylor represents what I like best about Muscleboy.  What do I mean?  Well, let's contrast Muscleboy with Thunders Arena.  The talent at TA these days is comprised mostly of bodybuilders, which is pretty different than what you see at Muscleboy.  Now, I'm not criticizing TA at all.  I love the wrestling they produce there.  But the thing I like about Muscleboy is the "average Joe" type wrestlers it features.  And by "average Joe", I mean the lean, muscular jock type you run into in an everyday environment, like at the gym, the coffee shop, or even at work or school.  Taylor Reign represents the accessible "average Joe" stud wrestler, as compared to the almost mythical muscle gods you see wrestling at a place like Thunders Arena (and again, I'm don't mean this as a compaint against TA at all).






So, all in all, I very much enjoy watching Taylor wrestle.  Here are scenes from one of his matches at Muscleboy where he goes up against Justin Powers.  At first glance, you notice that Justin is thick and muscular, so you think he should dominate Taylor, right?  But at 5' 10" and 175 pounds, Justin really isn't much bigger than Taylor.  Let's imagine Taylor is wrestling a 6' 3" and 230 pound bodybuilder dude.  If Taylor were to dominate that match, you may find it entertaining, but certainly not believable.  But here against a "regular" sized Justin Powers, we get treated to Taylor delivering torture racks, backbreakers, powerslams, and perhaps the best finisher move of all, the tombstone piledriver.  These are all among my most favorite alpha wrestling moves, and I don't have to suspend my disbelief to enjoy watching a lean, fit Taylor Reign dominate a muscular Justin Powers with this type of action.  It's like I went to the gym, pointed to two dudes, and ordered them to wrestle each other for my own entertainment.  That's a good way to describe a lot of the wrestling matches you get to see at Muscleboy Wrestling. 


While bodyslams are my primary inspiration for this blog, I love a good torture rack, too.  I've been doing this blog for eight years now, and Taylor treats us to not just one, but two of the best torture racks I have ever seen.  Watching Taylor rack Justin is more than enough to make this match worth your while.  I find myself wishing I were the one being held across Taylor's shoulders like this.  Holy fuck!


Taylor Reign shows you don't need big, bulging biceps to flex like a muscleboy!

Read more about this match in blogsphere at The Cave by Alex and at Ringside by Joe.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Bodyslammer, nice post.I like how Taylor works a ball grab into the rack, very unique.
    I also have a blog myself and feature Taylor a couple times. It's at wrsscreencaps.blogspot.com, everyone's welcome to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, looking at the photo of Taylor racking Powers, one can totally see Power's has an incredible set of leg's, especially his Thighs. My thought's would be, his "Signature" hold would be that of course, THE HEADSCISSORS.
    If not for the many of us Head-Scissor freaks, im sure in many of his matches, once he wrapped those Pythons around his opponent head, a Hot photo would be in the making, as well, his opponent would have to suffer "gladly' im sure!

    ReplyDelete