Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Bash Wednesday


I hope this post does not come across as sacreligious.  I certainly don't mean it that way at all.  It's Ash Wednesday, and earlier today I was at a church service where the priest said a few things about suffering and enduring.  Later, when I thought back on what was said, I couldn't help but think of Zach Reno and my last post about all the suffering he endured in his match at Wrestler4Hire against MarkO.  It seems that match isn't the only one where Zach gets tossed around and tortured by a bigger guy.







These screenshots come from a match at Undergound Championship Wrestling between Zach (or "Zack" as he's called at UCW) and Gabe Steel, and Zach suffers and endures a lot here, too.  Gabe Steel is beefier than I generally like in a wrestler, but in this match he's the stronger and bigger dude, and he takes advantage of it.  Now, don't be fooled by the pictures I've chosen to post.  This match in no way is a squash job.  But there are lots of lifts and carries and slams, so for my tastes, Gabe delivers.  And as he suffers and endures, Zach responds by giving us many more of those "faces of pain" that we love to see. 

 
Maybe Zach should give up wrestling for Lent.

For more commentary and pics from this match, be sure to check out Alex at the Cave, Joe at Ringside, and Wrestling Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment