Thursday, February 20, 2020

Faces of Pain


A good squash job doesn't just rely on a dominant heel.  You also need a jobber boy who can play the role.  I recently checked out a match at Wrestler4Hire between MarkO and Zach Reno.  The write up about the match on the webpage leaves little doubt this is a classic heel versus jobber match.  And let me tell you, Zach Reno really sells the jobber role. 




MarkO is cocky, confident, aggressive, and has the body to back it all up in the wrestling ring as the heel.  Zach is no pushover himself, but in this match he doesn't stand a chance against his muscular opponent.  This match is equally about MarkO as the alpha wrestler as it is about Zach Reno the suffering jobber.  We know pro-style wrestling is really about the entertainment and drama of the conflict, but Zach sells his suffering so well at times, I get the impression Zach's faces of pain are genuine.









Now, as much as I like seeing a good jobber punished, I'm more entertained at the sight of a muscular heel dominating.  That's the main reason I purchased this match.  The lift and carry aspect of this match does not disappoint.  Seeing the ripped, muscular MarkO repeatedly hoist Zach Reno into the air and toss him about checks all my boxes.  We get bodyslams, suplexes, a killer torture rack, gorilla presses (yes, that's plural), plus a devastating series of over-the-knee backbreakers that it's a wonder Zach can still walk.  MarkO is a muscle freak, and his performance is so dominant we have little doubt that Zach's suffering is real.  At the end of the match, I find it hard to decide which wrestler I envy more.  But as much as I hate to admit it, it's probably Zach because he gets to be MarkO's little bitch.


The suffering jobberboy needs a little break!

No comments:

Post a Comment