Thursday, January 10, 2013

Old Time Wrestling





Sometimes I find myself trolling the internet when I should be doing something else more productive (am I the only one who does that?).   But wasting time like that can lead to some good finds such as this video of wrestling bodybuilders.  The white dude is Steve Starr (real name maybe Steve Rhoda), and he delivers a good looking bodyslam.  I don't know who the other dude us.  This video looks like it comes from the 1990s in the early days of the internet.  A makeshift wrestling ring in a garage or basement.  No audience.  Two muscle dudes fighting it out before a video camera.  Makes you wonder if the internet was invented just to peddle underground wrestling videos.


3 comments:

  1. The black wrestler in the yellow trunks being body slammed is Vic Silver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Rhoda was one of the top builder/wrestlers in the Old Cal Sports VHS Tape days in the early '90's and later wrestled for BG & Can AM. He competed in some muscle contests even in his 50's. believe he is stillin the S. Cal area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am steve starr and i am still in riverside. If anyone is interested in hiring me they can text me at 951 264 4490

    ReplyDelete